Saturday, February 7, 2009

A busy weekend

We had a busy weekend. The past few have been pretty laid back, just a lot of hanging out around the house playing out back doing a whole lot of nothing. Saturday we took the girls to Putt Putt because Elliott has been asking to go. She had fun playing golf with us and Berkley ate some snacks and looked on from the stroller. B looks really impressed doesn't she?

Next our starving little family went out to Black Eyed Pea. We put on quite the show. Not sure if we even left a crumb by the time it was all said and done. Except for Berkley of course. She had SO much food on her. She is really into cornbread. And any other carbs for that matter.


Sunday we went to a Pampered Princess Party at the Grapevine Convention Center. They had all kinds of activities. When I told Elliott about it on Wednesday, she was excited at first. Then got very concerned when I started telling her about the activities. I told her that Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty would be there. That she could dress up like a princess, get her hair and make up done, get her nails done....she started crying. I figured the first thing was the hair (see her fashion rules about this). Then she said she didn't want makeup or nails either. She didn't' want the princesses to touch her. After some questions I figured out that she thought the princesses would be cartoons. Once I told her they were real people she was less freaked out about it.

This is B spotting the necklace E had on. She looks so delighted
This is her grabbing it. E was not happy.
Here is E sitting on the princess throne in her Ariel costume.Here she is making a crown with her friend Elizabeth.
True to her word, she refused to have her hair, nails or makeup done. She loved making the crown, necklace and watching Belle's magic show. It was a really fun time!

1 comment:

TLEB said...

Elizabeth had so much fun too! I'm glad they were able to do it together. I think Elizabeth was confused about the whole princess thing too, I had to tell her it was just people dressed up like the princesses, then she was ok with it! our literal girls :)