Around here it is a magical time of year. The elf has come to stay with us. Our elf is no ordinary elf- his name is Kurt (I have no idea where Elliott even came up with that name for him). He comes to stay with us in December and not only does he go to the North Pole each night to report the girls behavior, he also brings them back a tiny gift for their tiny elf stockings. Then he hides in a new place for the girls to find him when they wake up.

Here they are finding him. Berkley walks around saying "Elf hide? Elf where are you?" It is adorable. Then she shows anybody that comes over where the elf is. E is very into finding him too, she is very quick to warn everyone not to touch him or he might lose his magic. We wouldn't want that to happen!

Here is E showing off her tic
tacs he brought her. Notice the same green
jammies? Mom bought her those and I pretty much have to steal them from her to get them clean.

B scored a pack of smarties. The elf set a bad precedent by starting out with candy the first day. Now if B doesn't get candy she gets pretty irate. Spoiled much? She is getting better though- she got a Christmas plate today and she was pretty excited about it.
6 comments:
Chrissy, that is super adorable. I think we are going to have to start an Elf tradition--I have several friends who do this and it's so neat! Your girls are adorable! Enjoy the holidays.
Ooo - I didn't think of the smarties idea. That's great! We do this too and it's hard to not let the kids get spoiled, we're having that issue here! :) Can't wait to see you guys Friday!!
what a cute idea! i like to read about the things you and laura h are doing with the kids so i can learn from yall! miss you and the girls!
love it! B is looking more and more like you - just with blonde hair. i love reading your fantastic post.
What a great idea!! I may have to steal it for next year we just pick up the phone and call Santa to report bad behavior. You are so creative Chrissy. The girls are just as cute as ever!
cute cute cute! Our elf (named "arf" by Cooper ) visits too and brought a hershey kiss the first day so now that's what is expected every time... great huh? Your girls look like they have so much fun with this tradition! I'm glad the elf comes and visits them!
Post a Comment